Susan's Best of 2012 List


I read 47 books this year; nearly triple the amount I read in 2011. I am incredibly proud of myself. I actually could have read more if I didn't waste so much time at the beginning of the year, but that's a mistake I can hopefully fix in 2013. My top ten are listed alphabetically by title because honestly it would be impossible to rank them. They are all incredible books in their own individual ways and I can't recommend them more. I read many 2012 releases, a few older books, and finally got around to read the incredible Fever series by Karen Marie Moning. Why did I wait so long again?! Many of these books are probably on other people's favorites list too, so I just want to highlight two books that might have gotten overshadowed: Midnight City by J. Barton Mitchell (5 star review // author interview) and Burning Blue by Paul Griffin (5 star review). Both of these are amazing gems that I desperately wish more people would discover, especially Midnight City (which would make an incredible television series or feature film). Regardless, I just want to encourage people to keep reading...and recommending. To 2013 and beyond.

Special thanks to Anna @ Literary Exploration for being the inspiration for this post! You rock!




11/22/63 by Stephen King
Across The Universe by Beth Revis
Burning Blue by Paul Griffin
Cinder by Marissa Meyer



Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa



Midnight City by J. Barton Mitchell
This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
The Selection by Kiera Cass




6 comments:

  1. I just got Burning Blue the other day from the library and it was low on my to read list because I wanted to read some other books I got from the library. But now its my next read since you said it was one the best books in 2012. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent!!! It's a really amazing book and has one of the best love stories of the year (IMHO). It has a compelling mystery that keeps you guessing until the end. Enjoy and let me know what you think!

      Delete
  2. I'm nearly done with Cinder right now. I'm listening to the audiobook, and I think I am almost at the end. It is so good. I can see why it is on so many Best of '12 lists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I loved Cinder and want to read the Stephen King book. Oh... and The Selection has been on my TBR for awhile. I have to read it if for no other reason but that cover. Thanks for your recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's my Best Books of 2012 list:
    http://slayground.livejournal.com/728692.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting our blog! We'd love to hear from you! =)

 

About Us

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Once upon a time, there were two sisters -Susan and Shauna - who were moved and mesmerized by stories through any medium, since they were teeny tiny. This passion stayed with them throughout adulthood, and after becoming even more enthralled with Young Adult fiction in recent times (and some Adult & MG!) they decided they just had to open up their own book blog and share their enthusiasm with the world, or well, to anyone who would listen.

Subscribe via Email!

Subscribe

Find Us!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Stats