Waiting On Wednesday (8)- Splintered


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

I'm so very excited to be doing this week's  Waiting on Wednesday here. Today, I will be talking about the upcoming book Splintered by A.G. Howard. 

SPLINTERED
Alyssa Gardner hears the whispers of bugs and flowers—precisely the affliction that landed her mother in a mental hospital years before. This family curse stretches back to her ancestor Alice Liddell, the real-life inspiration for Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. Alyssa might be crazy, but she manages to keep it together. For now. When her mother’s mental health takes a turn for the worse, Alyssa learns that what she thought was fiction is based in terrifying reality. The real Wonderland is a place far darker and more twisted than Lewis Carroll ever let on. There, Alyssa must pass a series of tests, including draining an ocean of Alice’s tears, waking the slumbering tea party, and subduing a vicious bandersnatch, to fix Alice’s mistakes and save her family. She must also decide whom to trust: Jeb, her gorgeous best friend and secret crush, or the sexy but suspicious Morpheus, her guide through Wonderland, who may have dark motives of his own.

Release Date: January 1, 2013
Pages: 384
Pre-Order: Amazon|B&N|Book Dep
Add it via: Goodreads

I'm REALLY excited about this book! I actually plan on reading lots of Alice in Wonderland themed stories in 2013, including the original Lewis Carroll classic. When I was in grade school, a classmate would sketch different people as Disney characters. I was "Susan in Wonderland". Pretty cute eh? I definitely want to read everything Alice eventually, but I just have to read this book NOW!

Splintered seems like such an amazing reinvention of the beloved tale and I can't wait to see what AG Howard does with it. I also wonder if Jeb and/or Morepheus will turn out to be any classic characters from the original story. I'm always ~ hesitant about love triangles, but I am willing to give A.G. Howard the benefit of the doubt. Finally, it'll be interesting to see how Alyssa's character deals with her family curse and the possibility that she might have a mental illness (especially since on Warehouse 13, they portray Alice Liddell as a crazy psycho...although I'm sure that's not really the case! LOL). I love when characters struggle with reality and fantasy and this should be a fascinating story!

I have been entering all the contests for ARCs, so if you know of any of them, please let me know! It's okay if I don't win though because I know 1/1/2013 is not that far away! YAY! :)

What are YOU waiting on this week?

4 comments:

  1. I've been entering tons of giveaways for it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm soo freaking excited for this one as well! LOVE the cover and the story sounds awesome! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really excited about Splintered too. I believe it is available to request on Netgalley.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting our blog! We'd love to hear from you! =)

 

About Us

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Once upon a time, there were two sisters -Susan and Shauna - who were moved and mesmerized by stories through any medium, since they were teeny tiny. This passion stayed with them throughout adulthood, and after becoming even more enthralled with Young Adult fiction in recent times (and some Adult & MG!) they decided they just had to open up their own book blog and share their enthusiasm with the world, or well, to anyone who would listen.

Subscribe via Email!

Subscribe

Find Us!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Stats