Waiting on Wednesday (5) - The Archived

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Title: The Archived (The Archived #1) by 
Victoria Schwab

R
elease Date: January 22nd, 2013
Page Count: 336
Summary: Imagine a place where the dead rest on shelves like books. Each body has a story to tell, a life seen in pictures that only Librarians can read. The dead are called Histories, and the vast realm in which they rest is the Archive. Da first brought Mackenzie Bishop here four years ago, when she was twelve years old, frightened but determined to prove herself. Now Da is dead, and Mac has grown into what he once was, a ruthless Keeper, tasked with stopping often-violent Histories from waking up and getting out. Because of her job, she lies to the people she loves, and she knows fear for what it is: a useful tool for staying alive. Being a Keeper isn't just dangerous-it's a constant reminder of those Mac has lost. Da's death was hard enough, but now her little brother is gone too. Mac starts to wonder about the boundary between living and dying, sleeping and waking. In the Archive, the dead must never be disturbed. And yet, someone is deliberately altering Histories, erasing essential chapters. Unless Mac can piece together what remains, the Archive itself might crumble and fall. In this haunting, richly imagined novel, Victoria Schwab reveals the thin lines between past and present, love and pain, trust and deceit, unbearable loss and hard-won redemption.
+Add it on Goodreads

From that hauntingly mesmerizing cover to that enticing premise, The Archived promises to be an amazing, unique, and unforgettable read. Super excited about this one!!

What book made your WoW this week?! Link us in the comments, as always we'd love to hear from you! <3




15 comments:

  1. Found you via WoW- I got the "sneak peek" of this book-- the first 100 pages-- via NetGalley and am so sad that I have to wait until January to finish it! Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, that's awesome! Ikr?! January seems so far away! (

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. i got a copy of this one, starting it soon. I LOVE this author!!!

    stop by my post?! I got lucky and was able to review my WOW pick!

    http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved The Near Witch, so I am really looking forward to this one as well. I love this author's writing style. Great choice! Here is my WoW.

    Vyki @ On The Shelf
    Check out my new meme Cover Crush!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh nice! Been hearing about this one a lot! Saw it on Netgalley as well, but have sooo much to read at the moment, I am kind of banning myself from Netgalley unless it's absolutely necessary!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this one around a bit lately. I'm not sure if it's for me or not.

    New follower. Check out my WOW.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really looking forward to this one too! Haven't read anything by Schwab before, but everyone's been going crazy about it so I figure I'll give it a try :D

    Jesse @ Pretty in Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't even get past the first sentence of the summary before I knew this was going on my TBR list. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, ikr?! The same thing happened to me. It's such a fascinating premise.

      Delete
  9. I literally just finished this book and it's absolutely amazing! Exceeded my expectations :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's awesome! :D I'm even more excited now! =)

      Thanks for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  10. This has been such a popular pick lately! Still unsure if I'll read it or not though. Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I already have The Archived on my to-read list and I can't wait to read it. I'm pretty excited about it. Great pick.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting our blog! We'd love to hear from you! =)

 

About Us

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Once upon a time, there were two sisters -Susan and Shauna - who were moved and mesmerized by stories through any medium, since they were teeny tiny. This passion stayed with them throughout adulthood, and after becoming even more enthralled with Young Adult fiction in recent times (and some Adult & MG!) they decided they just had to open up their own book blog and share their enthusiasm with the world, or well, to anyone who would listen.

Subscribe via Email!

Subscribe

Find Us!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Stats