Waiting on Wednesday (6) - Meant to Be

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Title: Meant To Be by Lauren Morrill
Release Date: November 13th, 2012
Page Count: 256
Summary: It's one thing to fall head over heels into a puddle of hazelnut coffee, and quite another to fall for the—gasp—wrong guy. Straight-A junior Julia may be accident prone, but she's queen of following rules and being prepared. That's why she keeps a pencil sharpener in her purse and a pocket Shakespeare in her, well, pocket. And that's also why she's chosen Mark Bixford, her childhood crush, as her MTB ("meant to be").But this spring break, Julia's rules are about to get defenestrated (SAT word: to be thrown from a window) when she's partnered with her personal nemesis, class-clown Jason, on a school trip to London. After one wild party, Julia starts receiving romantic texts . . . from an unknown number! Jason promises to help discover the identity of her mysterious new suitor if she agrees to break a few rules along the way. And thus begins a wild goose chase through London, leading Julia closer and closer to the biggest surprise of all: true love. Because sometimes the things you least expect are the most meant to be
+Add it on Goodreads
I'm definitely a genre girl. I enjoy the occasional contemporary read, but it has to really stand out for me to want to read it, and it has to be extra special for me to be this excited about it pre-release. From the moment I saw that absolutely gorgeous cover and that truly adorable premise, I was beyond smitten. Meant To Be seems like one of those rare contemporary gems that I could never pass up. I can't wait to pick this one up and fall in love with the story.

So...what book made your WoW this week? Link us in the comment <3




18 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I'm up for reading a clean romance novel. The book sounds pretty good but I love my paranormal creatures lurking around... I might give it a try at some point but in the meantime I hope you like it when you get the chance to read it.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of this but I don't go for contemps. Still hope you love it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to have this one as well. I love contemps esp. if it's a good love story.
    Here's my Wednesday post..
    Have a great day!
    *New GFC follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds sweet! I too have to have contemps stand out in order for me to really enjoy it, but this one sounds like it might do just that!
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like this cover! I have recently got into Contemporary and really enjoying the ones I have read:)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds great! A nice pick :)

    My WoW - http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday-17th-october.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen some great reviews of this one and it seems like an adorable read. I love the cover it's different from most that are out today.

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one has been pretty popular lately! I'm not sure if I will read it or not (not in my usual array of genres) but thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been waiting for this one as well! I've heard really good things about it. Great pick. :)

    Audrey @ Her Fiction Fix (WoW)

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is so on my list!
    feel free to stop by and check out mine...
    http://asoutherngirlsbookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/10/wow-pick-of-week-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! I cannot wait for this one either.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Saw this one around today, nice pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday-gilded-wings-angel_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to read this one! It sounds so good, and I really like the cover. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds so cute. And I love the cover :)

    Jesse @ Pretty in Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  15. This one does sounds good and it sounds like it could be really funny! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot my link lol. Here is my WoW.

      Vyki @ On The Shelf
      Check out my new meme Cover Crush!

      Delete
  16. I think this is going to be so good. Nice pick...

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know, I am ridiculously excited to read Meant to Be! I feel like I have been waiting forever to get my hands on this one. It looks adorable, and the cover is so pretty. November - it's almost here :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting our blog! We'd love to hear from you! =)

 

About Us

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Once upon a time, there were two sisters -Susan and Shauna - who were moved and mesmerized by stories through any medium, since they were teeny tiny. This passion stayed with them throughout adulthood, and after becoming even more enthralled with Young Adult fiction in recent times (and some Adult & MG!) they decided they just had to open up their own book blog and share their enthusiasm with the world, or well, to anyone who would listen.

Subscribe via Email!

Subscribe

Find Us!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Stats