Feature and Follow Friday (6)


Hello everyone! It's another Feature & Follow Friday! It's been a blast meeting everyone and following so many blogs. We hope this week will be just as successful as last week! 


Feature and Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee.




This week's question is...


Q: When you step out of your USUAL genre what do you like to read? Best books in that genre?

My usual genre is paranormal/supernatural/fantasy, but sometimes I am drawn to contemporary and history books (both of the fiction and non-fiction variety). Contemporary books are rather a hit or miss for me. I usually prefer them with a bit of a twist, like mystery/thriller. I absolutely LOVED Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I HIGHLY recommend it (read my review here). Slide by Jill Hathaway was a great contemporary book with a supernatural twist and so was This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers, which is essentially a contemporary-horror mash-up. I also love anything by Sarah Dessen. My favorite two books from SD are Just Listen and The Truth About Forever. She is really has been my go-to ya contemporary author. I have read every book by her except for three (though I imagine one day it will be none! ). As for my history ~kink, I love Phillipa Gregory and Alison Weir (though I have only read her non-fiction Tudor books). I am a HUGE fan of British History, especially the Tudor period, so if you have any recommendations, please let me know!

Let me know what you think in the comments! Or if you want, you can just say hi!

Also, we are hosting our very first giveaway because we hit 100 followers! Please, please participate. There's some awesome prizes! For all the details, check here! :) 

20 comments:

  1. Good picks! Haven't read any of those but almost all of them are already on my to-read list!

    Old follow.

    Julie~ New Adult Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at all the blogs that have Halloween themes.

    Old follower via GFC :)
    Alise -- My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paranormal is my usual genre too. Ive had Slide on my TBR for awhile now, Hoping to pick that one up soon

    New follower via GFC
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paranormal is my genre! I really don't go for others. A teeny portion of dystopians that have nothing paranormal going on. And Maria Snyder's fantasy reads, but there's magic in them which has a loose connection to paranormal in my opinion. I love paranormal reads too much to stray.

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm quite ashamed that I haven't read anything by Sarah Dessen. I should change that soon!

    Old follower! Here's my F&F :)

    - Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! And you need to read some Sarah Dessen! Start with Just Listen! <3

      Delete
  6. Great Pick!
    New Follower: http://mydailyobsessionreview.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some thing with me,Contemporary books are either A hit or miss, and a lot of the time the are a miss, because I can never get into most contemporary.
    My F&F
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2012/10/friday-56-7-feature-friday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah I'm more of a paranormal/supernatural fan myself. I've never enjoyed any of the contemporary books I've read, but since I've only read like 2 or 3 this year, it makes sense. xD

    Old Follower.

    Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping through. I so need to read Gone Girl. I've heard it's great from so many people.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you need to read Gone Girl!!! :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. new follower hopping through. my ff http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/10/follow-friday-36.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! In answer to your question on my blog (and it is a tricky question! :P) my favourite characters are Tyrion, Daenerys and Jon Snow and maybe Arya :) I love the books and the show and I'm going to re-read a few of the books for my dissertation in uni.

    Great answer too. I read contemporary from time to time but love historical fiction especially ancient history and british history :) I'd check out Margaret George and Elizabeth Chadwick if you like historical fiction.

    Becca @ Lost in Thought

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by and the FF love! Followed you back via GFC!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read any of those yet. I've heard great things about all of them though. I don't really read anything historical that's nonfiction but I do love paranormal and supernatural fiction. Thank you for stopping by my blog today and for continuing to follow. Still following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm a new follower of yours as well! Those sound like some great choices for books - I'm not interested in straight contemporary books either!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been waiting to read 'This is Not a Test' for a while -- it sounds awesome! Great choices. I enjoy picking up some historical fiction (or non-fiction) from time to time as well.

    Returning your follow -- thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting our blog! We'd love to hear from you! =)

 

About Us

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Once upon a time, there were two sisters -Susan and Shauna - who were moved and mesmerized by stories through any medium, since they were teeny tiny. This passion stayed with them throughout adulthood, and after becoming even more enthralled with Young Adult fiction in recent times (and some Adult & MG!) they decided they just had to open up their own book blog and share their enthusiasm with the world, or well, to anyone who would listen.

Subscribe via Email!

Subscribe

Find Us!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Stats